Summer 2020 Day Camp
Program 1: $435.00 per person, per session
Program 2: $405.00 per person, per session
Open to local students entering 5th in fall 2020 through 8th grade.
To enroll, select program, session date and complete information about your student. Add the selection to cart, view cart and then proceed to checkout to complete enrollment process. Full tuition payment is due to secure student’s spot in desired program/session. Tuition for both Programs includes: SEACAMP t-shirt, SEACAMP face covering (mask), supervision, activities, gear and equipment.
Enrollment is first come, first served, and is accepted online with a full tuition payment. Programs are open to local students entering 5th grade in fall 2020 through 8th grade. Students must not have traveled 14 days prior to session start date and must have 14 days of good health prior to session start date. Sessions are limited to 30 students with three groups of 10 students per session. See all Rules and Policies here.
While we are confident that our modified Summer 2020 programs comply with current health guidance and provide a safe environment for students, each family should carefully consider if participation is appropriate for their student due to the additional risk associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Students who are immunocompromised, or live with individuals at risk of serious illness due to COVID-19 should not attend programs, or they should consult with their doctor to determine if participation would be safe and appropriate.
- Despite our efforts to educate and enforce physical distancing expectations, your student may, and will likely, have occasional short-term close physical contact with other students and Instructors in their group.
- Session may be cancelled or modified based on local or regional public health concerns. Please have an alternative plan ready.
- Many activities will occur in public park spaces that are accessible to the general public. Additionally, Program 1 students will have limited to no interaction with the boat crew during the Floating Classroom boat trip.
- Students will be required to bring and wear a face covering at all times except during water activities (snorkeling, boogie boarding, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding) and when eating or drinking.
- Face coverings are not recommended when it is likely to get wet or restrict a campers ability to breathe.
- Fiesta Island Youth Aquatic Center is a multi-use facility that may include students from other geographic areas. SEACAMP students will have designated spaces and will have limited to no interaction with other programs.
Cancellation Policy – Per Session, Per Student:
Cancellation is accepted up until check-in time on the first day of session or check-in time each day. Cancellations received prior to the start of session will be issued a full refund minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations received mid-session will be issued a prorated refund for the remaining unattended days ($87 per day for Program 1 and $81 per day for Program 2) minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations with no notice are not eligible for a refund, full tuition amount will be forfeited. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the email includes student’s name, date of birth and session date student is enrolled in.
In the event session is required to be cancelled due to the direction of local, state or federal health agencies, full tuition will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee.
Students will be expected to maintain appropriate physical distancing and face coverings as directed. If a student repeatedly fails to comply with these directions, that student may be sent home and will not be allowed to return to camp and no refunds will be provided. Additionally, students that arrive to camp with a temperature greater than 100.4°F or answer YES to one of the health screening questions will not be able to join the group and no refund will be provided.
- Health screening questions – the answer must be NO to all questions:
- Has student had any of the following symptoms:
- Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing • Fever • Chills • Muscle Pain • Sore throat • New loss of taste or smell • Nausea • Vomiting • Diarrhea
- Within the 14 days prior to camp, has student been in contact with anyone suspected or diagnosed with COVID19?
- Has student traveled by air or traveled out of state in the 14 days prior to camp?
- Has student had any of the following symptoms:
All students are expected to follow the Rules and Policies for SEACAMP San Diego Summer 2020 Day Camp. Failure to do so will result in an immediate termination of session and no refunds will be provided
Transfer Policy – Per Session, Per Student:
Students may request to transfer or switch session dates without penalty. Requests will be granted providing space is available and the request is received 7 days prior to currently enrolled session. Request a transfer by emailing email@example.com. Please ensure the email includes student’s name, date of birth, session date student is enrolled in and which session date student would like to be transferred to.
Our Cancellation and Transfer Policies are generous and are designed to ensure those that are sick are able to stay home without penalty. Please don’t take advantage.
Late Check-in Policy:
Late arriving students will not be able to join their group and tuition will not be refunded. Check-in ends promptly at 9:00am.
Late Check-out Policy:
A late fee of $1.00 per minute after 4:00pm is due at check-out. There is a one-time 15-minute grace period for a late check-out during the session. After the 15-minute grace period, a $1.00 fee will be incurred for each additional minute. Fees are due at check-out.