Summer Day Camp
Students 5th – 8th Grade: $495.00
Students 9th – 12th Grade: $595.00
Tuition applies per student, per session
Day camp programs are available to students entering 5th grade through 12th grade in fall 2021. All students must have 10 days of good health prior to the session start date. In-state students must not have traveled out-of-state or traveled by air in the 10 days prior to the start of the session. Out-of-state students must be in San Diego 10 days prior to the session start date.
Wait List: If you would like to add your student to the wait list for a session is full, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email must include your student’s name, grade, date of birth and which session(s) you would like to be on the wait list and parental contact information.
Enrollment is first come, first served, and is accepted online with a full tuition payment. Programs are open to local students entering 5th grade through 12th grade in fall 2021. All students must have 10 days of good health prior to the session start date. In-state students not vaccinated for COVID-19 must not have traveled by out-of-state or by air in the 10 days prior to the session start date. Out-of-state students not vaccinated for COVID-19 must be in San Diego 10 days prior to the session start date. See all Rules and Policies here.
While we are confident that our modified Summer Day Camp programs will provide a safe environment for students, each family should carefully consider if participation is appropriate for their student due to the additional risk associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Students who are immunocompromised, or live with individuals at risk of serious illness due to COVID-19 should not attend programs, or they should consult with their doctor to determine if participation would be safe and appropriate.
- Despite our efforts to educate and enforce physical distancing expectations, your student may, and will likely, have occasional short-term close physical contact with other students and Instructors in their group.
- Session may be cancelled or modified based on local or regional public health concerns. Please have an alternative plan ready.
- Many activities will occur in public park spaces that are accessible to the general public. Additionally, Program 1 students will have limited to no interaction with the boat crew during the Floating Classroom boat trip.
- Students will be required to bring and wear a face covering at all times except during water activities (snorkeling, boogie boarding, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding) and when eating or drinking.
- Face coverings are not recommended when it is likely to get wet or restrict a campers ability to breathe.
- Fiesta Island Youth Aquatic Center is a multi-use facility that may include students from other geographic areas. SEACAMP students will have designated spaces and will have limited to no interaction with other programs.
Cancellation Policy – Per Session, Per Student:
Cancellations between enrollment and 45 days prior to session start date are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations between 44 days and 15 days prior to session start date are subject to a cancellation fee of half the student’s tuition. All tuition is non-refundable between 14 and 0 days prior to session start date. All cancellations must be submitted in writing and must be received in the above time frames to email@example.com. Cancellation Policy applies to each session and to all all enrollments regardless of enrollment date.
In the event session SEACAMP is required to be cancelled due to the direction of local, state or federal health agencies, full tuition will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee.
Students will be expected to maintain appropriate physical distancing and face coverings as directed. If a student repeatedly fails to comply with these directions, that student may be sent home and will not be allowed to return to camp and no refunds will be provided. Additionally, students that arrive to camp with a temperature greater than 100.4°F or answer YES to one of the health screening questions will not be able to join the group and no refund will be provided.
- Health screening questions – the answer must be NO to all questions:
- Has student had any of the following symptoms:
- Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing • Fever • Chills • Muscle Pain • Sore throat • New loss of taste or smell • Nausea • Vomiting • Diarrhea
- Within the 10 days prior to camp, has student been in contact with anyone suspected or diagnosed with COVID19?
- Has student traveled by air or traveled out of state in the 10 days prior to camp?
- Has student had any of the following symptoms:
All students are expected to follow the Rules and Policies for SEACAMP San Diego Summer Day Camp. Failure to do so will result in an immediate termination of session and no refunds will be provided
Transfer Policy – Per Session, Per Student:
Students may request to transfer or switch session dates without penalty. Requests will be granted providing space is available and the request is received 7 days prior to currently enrolled session. Request a transfer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the email includes student’s name, date of birth, session date student is enrolled in and which session date student would like to be transferred to.
Late Check-in Policy:
Late arriving students will not be able to join their group and tuition will not be refunded.
Late Check-out Policy:
A late fee of $1.00 per minute after check-out will be accrued. There is a one-time 15-minute grace period for a late check-out during the session. After the 15-minute grace period, a $1.00 fee will be incurred for each additional minute. Fees are due at check-out.
- Check-in and Check-out times for Program for students 5th through 8th grade:
- Check-in between 8:30am – 8:45am
- Check-out between 3:45pm – 4:00pm
- Check-in and Check-out times for Program for students 9th through 12th grade:
- Check-in between 8:15am – 8:30am
- Check-out between 4:00pm – 4:15pm
COVID-19 PCR Test Policy – PAUSED:
COVID-19 Testing Policy is currently paused and a negative COVID-19 PCR test is no longer required to attend camp. We reserve the right to reinstate this policy at any time for any reason. COVID-19 PCR Test Policy applies per student, per session. Student must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the start of the session. Failure to provide COVID-19 PCR test results to SEACAMP San Diego prior to the session starting will result in immediate cancellation of the student and no refunds will be provided. Students with a positive COVID-19 PCR test and their close contacts (including attending siblings or friends), will not be able to attend session and tuition will be partially refundable. Tuition for students with a positive COVID-19 PCR test will be refunded minus a $150 processing fee per student; unless we are able to fill the open spot in the session, then all tuition will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee per student. Additionally, students may instead transfer their enrollment and tuition minus a $50 processing fee per student to a later session, if available.