SEACAMP San Diego is not currently hiring.
The next hiring cycle for our Marine Science Instructor position will be Fall of 2020. Please see below for job details. You are welcome to submit your application and resume, we will keep them on-file.
Job duties for Marine Science Instructors at SEACAMP San Diego include (but are not limited to):
- All lab and field marine science instruction for students primarily grades 5 through 12
- All supervision of students, including in-water supervision
- Transportation of students in 15-passenger vans
- General facility cleaning and maintenance
- Basic computer and digital camera use
- Regular overnight supervision
- Working as part of a team to provide a positive and educational experience to a wide variety of students
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Marine Biology or a related field
- Strong understanding of basic marine biology principles
- Excellent water skills, including snorkeling
- Ability to complete a Red Cross lifeguard course during training (previous lifeguard experience a plus)
- Prior to the start of training must be able to pass a swim test consisting of a 500m swim in under 10 minutes without stopping. (Without formal swim training, this can be difficult. Before applying, please practice swim to ensure requirement is attainable)
- Desire to work with grade school students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CA class C license or ability to acquire class C license
- Ability to perform demanding work including supervising, teaching, and lifeguarding students in and out of the water
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and overnights
- Ability to pass Department of Justice and FBI background check
- Teaching, snorkeling and diving experience a plus
- Knowledge of local marine life a plus
Feel free to contact us at (800) SEACAMP or firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting pay $115.00 / day, experience dependent.
Please e-mail the following to Amy Bergen Zerofski at email@example.com:
- Employment Application (PDF) or Employment Application (Microsoft Word)
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
SEACAMP San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, martial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.