SEACAMP San Diego is currently hiring for our Marine Science Instructor position. We are hiring for our 2022 programs starting in early 2022 through Summer 2022. Please read through job duties and qualifications before submitting.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- All lab and field marine science instruction for students primarily grades 5 through 12
- All supervision of students (24-hour), including in-water supervision, and overnight supervision
- Transportation of participants in 15-passenger vans
- General facility cleaning and maintenance
- Basic computer and digital camera use
- Work as part of a team to provide a positive and educational experience to a wide variety of students
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Biology, Biology, or a related field
- Strong understanding of basic marine biology principles
- Excellent water skills, including snorkeling
- Current Accredited Lifeguard Certification or the ability to acquire lifeguard certification (previous lifeguard experience a plus)
- Ability to pass a swim test consisting of a 500m swim in under 10 minutes (Without formal swim training, this can be difficult. Before applying, please practice swim to ensure requirement is attainable)
- Desire to work with grade school students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- California class C commercial license or ability to acquire class C commercial license
- Clean driving record
- Ability to perform demanding work including supervising, teaching, and lifeguarding students in and out of the water
- Ability to pass Department of Justice and FBI background check
- Teaching, snorkeling, and diving experience a plus
- Knowledge of local marine life a plus
- Willing and able to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and the annual influenza vaccine. Must be willing to provide a copy of immunization records that include the date of the last tetanus shot upon request.
- SEACAMP San Diego requires that all participants be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for residential, overnight programs.
- SEACAMP San Diego is a year-around hands-on outdoor education marine science camp for kids primarily 5th grade through 12 grade. We offer primarily residential, overnight programs with some day camp programs available. Spring and Fall semester Programs are available to groups and our Summer Camp Programs are available for individual enrollment.
- Program activities include snorkeling, boogie boarding, kayaking, stand-up-paddle boarding, floating classroom and all-day boat trips, visits to the Birch Aquarium and San Diego Zoo. We offer a variety of labs and workshops including mackerel and squid dissections. Summer camp programs usually include live aboard boat trips to the South Channel Islands.
Starting pay $17.00 / hour, experience dependent.
We are hiring for our 2022 programs. Applications can be submitted by:
- Completing online Employment Application Here. You will need your Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional References
SEACAMP San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, martial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Our goal is to hire a diverse staff of Marine Science Instructors to give our students a variety of instructors they are able to identify with.