SEACAMP San Diego is currently not currently hiring for our Marine Science Instructor position. We will be hiring for our 2022 programs in late fall 2021.
Job duties for Marine Science Instructors at SEACAMP San Diego include (but are not limited to):
- All lab and field marine science instruction for students primarily grades 5 through 12
- All supervision of students, including in-water supervision
- Transportation of students in 15-passenger vans
- General facility cleaning and maintenance
- Basic computer and digital camera use
- Working as part of a team to provide a positive and educational experience to a wide variety of students
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Marine Biology or a related field
- Strong understanding of basic marine biology principles
- Excellent water skills, including snorkeling
- Ability to complete lifeguard course including the ability to pass a swim test consisting of a 500m swim in under 10 minutes (Without formal swim training, this can be difficult. Before applying, please practice swim to ensure requirement is attainable)
- Desire to work with grade school students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CA class C commercial license or ability to acquire class C commercial license
- Ability to perform demanding work including supervising, teaching, and lifeguarding students in and out of the water
- Ability to pass Department of Justice and FBI background check
- Teaching, snorkeling, and diving experience a plus
- Knowledge of local marine life a plus
- Willing and able to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and the flu. Must be willing to provide a copy of immunization records that include the date of the last tetanus shot upon request.
Starting pay $130.00 / day, experience dependent.
We will be hiring for our 2022 programs in fall late 2021. Applications can be submitted either by:
- Completing online Employment Application Here. You will need your Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional References
- Please e-mail the following to Amy Bergen Zerofski at firstname.lastname@example.org:
SEACAMP San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, martial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Our goal is to hire a diverse staff of Marine Science Instructors to give our students a variety of instructors they are able to identify with.