SEACAMP San Diego is currently hiring. Please read though qualifications, requirements and application submission information below.
However, we are always happy to receive resumes and applications, see information below.
Job duties for Marine Science Instructors at SEACAMP San Diego include (but are certainly not limited to):
- All lab and field marine science instruction for students grades 5 through college
- All supervision of students, including in-water supervision
- Transportation of students in 15-passenger vans
- General camp cleaning and maintenance
- Basic computer and digital camera use
- Regular overnight supervision
- Working as part of a team to provide a positive and educational experience to a wide variety of students
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Marine Biology or a related field
- Strong understanding of basic marine biology principles
- Excellent water skills, including snorkeling and the ability to complete a Red Cross lifeguard course during training (previous lifeguard experience a plus)
- Desire to work with grade school students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CA class B license or ability to acquire class B license
- Teaching experience a plus
- Snorkeling and diving experience a plus
- Knowledge of local marine life a plus
- Ability to perform demanding work including supervising, teaching, and lifeguarding students in and out of the water.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to pass Department of Justice and FBI background check
Feel free to contact us at (800) SEACAMP or email@example.com
Starting pay $110.00 / day, experience dependent.
Please e-mail the following to Amy Bergen Zerofski at firstname.lastname@example.org: